Alcoa Corp (AA.N)
16 Feb 2018
CONAKRY, Feb 1 Guinean bauxite mining company La Guineenne des Mines (GDM) shipped the first ore from its project in the western Boke region on Thursday and will target exports of 2 to 4 million tonnes this year, its chief executive said.
Jan 17 Aluminum producer Alcoa Corp's profit and revenue both missed market estimates for the fourth quarter as a drought in Brazil hit bauxite production and higher power prices in Spain boosted expenses, the company said on Wednesday.
Jan 17 Aluminum producer Alcoa Corp reported a bigger quarterly loss on Wednesday, hurt by the closure and divestiture of some smelting assets.
* Q4 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $1.26 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
* LME/ShFE arb: http://bit.ly/2wZSAEz (Updates with closing prices)
Jan 11 The tussle between Alcoa Corp and union workers escalated on Thursday after the aluminum producer locked them out of its smelter in Becancour, Quebec as an old contract expired at midnight and talks on a new agreement failed.
Jan 10 Unionized workers at Alcoa Corp's aluminum smelter in Becancour, Quebec rejected the company's latest contract offer.
* Producers' initial proposals were at $110-118/tonne -sources (Adds comment, detail)
* ALCOA CORP - IN UNITED STATES, CO INTENDS TO PERMANENTLY CLOSE ITS ROCKDALE OPERATIONS SITE IN TEXAS
* Talks continuing, further deals expected later this month (Adds details and quotes)