Aphria Inc (APH.TO)
18 May 2018
May 18 The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* APHRIA'S GERMAN SUBSIDIARY, NUUVERA DEUTSCHLAND, ACQUIRES INTEREST IN BERLIN-BASED SHÖNEBERG HOSPITAL
* APHRIA - CO, NUUVERA AGREED TO AMEND DEAL TO REDUCE REQUIRED LEVEL OF UNRESTRICTED CASH & CONSIDERATION PAYABLE TO NUUVERA'S SHARESHOLDERS
* APHRIA SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT WITH SAQ TO SUPPLY UP TO 12,000 KG OF CANNABIS ANNUALLY TO QUEBEC MARKET Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* APHRIA BEGINS TO DIVEST OF ITS EQUITY INVESTMENT IN PASSIVE US ASSETS
Canadian marijuana company Aphria Inc said on Friday it agreed to sell its minority stake in U.S.-based Copperstate Farms to Liberty Health Sciences Inc for C$20 million ($16.14 million).
BRIEF-Aphria And Liberty Health Announce Sale Of Aphria's Investment In Copperstate Farms To Liberty
* APHRIA AND LIBERTY HEALTH SCIENCES ANNOUNCE DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT FOR SALE OF APHRIA'S INVESTMENT IN COPPERSTATE FARMS TO LIBERTY
* APHRIA CONSIDERS STRATEGIC ALTERNATIVES FOR ITS US CANNABIS INTERESTS
Feb 1 Canadian cannabis company Aphria Inc said on Thursday it was exploring strategic alternatives, including a sale, for its U.S. business, amid tightening enforcement of federal cannabis laws in the country. Earlier this year, the U.S. Department of Justice revoked an Obama administration policy that discouraged federal prosecutors from pursuing marijuana-related crimes in states that had legalized the drug.
Canadian cannabis company Aphria Inc said Monday it would buy rival Nuuvera Inc for C$826 million ($670 million), ahead of a raft of medical cannabis approvals around the world over the coming years.