Aviva PLC (AV.L)
20 Apr 2018
* Other listed firms have yet to clarify position -FCA (Updates with graphic)
April 10 Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva Plc, appointed Steven Blackie as head of global product strategy.
LONDON, March 28 Britain's markets watchdog will review Aviva's treatment of its preference shareholders to see if any of them lost money following the insurer's decision to drop a plan to cancel these high-yielding shares. The preference shares , which give holders fixed dividends that take priority over ordinary share dividends, fell sharply after Aviva said earlier this month it might cancel them. Cancelling the shares would have saved Aviva about 38 million pounds ($53.64 million
* UK LAWMAKER NICKY MORGAN WELCOMES FCA'S REVIEW OF AVIVA'S PREFERENCE SHARES PLAN
LONDON, March 28 Britain's markets watchdog will review Aviva's treatment of holders of its preference shares following the insurer's abandoned plan to cancel the shares, to see if any shareholders lost money as a result, it said on Wednesday.
* CEO MARK WILSON PAID 4.3 MILLION POUNDS ($6.09 million) IN 2017, DOWN FROM 4.5 MILLION STG IN 2016 - ANNUAL REPORT Further company coverage: ($1 = 0.7064 pounds) (Reporting By Carolyn Cohn)
* Regulator had asked Aviva to explain legal basis of plan (Adds investor response, updates preference shares)
LONDON, March 23 Six large institutional investors said on Friday that Aviva's decision to drop plans to cancel its preference shares addressed most of their concerns, but added issuers of preference shares should make it clear they are irredeemable.
LONDON, March 23 British insurer Aviva said on Friday it would abandon a plan to cancel high-yielding preference shares that had been opposed by investors and drawn scrutiny from Britain's Financial Conduct Authority watchdog.
* Its preference shares down by up to 30 pct since announcement