Axovant Sciences Ltd (AXON.OQ)
19 Jan 2018
Axovant Sciences Ltd's shares fell nearly 50 percent on Monday after the company scrapped its intepirdine program following the failure of its lead experimental treatment in a mid-stage study on patients suffering from a type of dementia.
Jan 8 Axovant Sciences Ltd said on Monday it would discontinue its intepirdine program after the experimental treatment failed in a mid-stage study on patients suffering from a type of dementia.
BRIEF-Axovant Announces Negative Results For Intepirdine In Phase 2B Headway, Pilot Phase 2 Gait, Balance Studies
* AXOVANT ANNOUNCES NEGATIVE RESULTS FOR INTEPIRDINE IN PHASE 2B HEADWAY AND PILOT PHASE 2 GAIT AND BALANCE STUDIES; POSITIVE TRENDS IN EFFICACY SEEN IN PILOT PHASE 2 NELOTANSERIN STUDY
CORRECTED-BRIEF-Axovant Sciences Submitted Final Protocol With Statistical Analysis Plan To FDA For Dementia With Lewy Bodies Study
* AXOVANT SCIENCES - SUBMITTED FINAL PROTOCOL WITH STATISTICAL ANALYSIS PLAN TO FDA DESIGNATES UNIFIED PARKINSON DISEASE RATING SCALE - PART III AS PRIMARY EFFICACY ENDPOINT
* Axovant announces second fiscal quarter financial results and corporate updates
Drug developer Axovant Sciences Ltd said it would stop testing its lead drug in Alzheimer's after it failed to meet the main goals of a late-stage trial, underlining the challenges in developing treatments for the memory-robbing disease.
* Shares hit record low (Adds details, conference call and analyst comments; updates shares)
BRIEF-Axovant announces negative topline results of intepirdine phase 3 mindset trial in Alzheimer's disease
* At 24 weeks, patients treated with 35 mg of intepirdine did not experience improvement in cognition
Sept 26 Axovant Sciences Ltd said on Tuesday its experimental drug targeting Alzheimer's patients failed to meet the main goals in a late-stage trial.