Julius Baer Gruppe AG (BAER.S)
16 Mar 2018
BANGKOK/HONG KONG Switzerland's Julius Baer is forming a joint venture with Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) , the latest foreign bank looking to tap Thailand's growing wealth.
* Julius Baer has option to increase stake to 49 pct later (Adds comments from executives, plans)
HONG KONG, March 8 Swiss private bank Julius Baer Gruppe AG and Siam Commercial Bank Pcl (SCB) , Thailand's second-largest bank by assets, are forming a joint venture to tap the growing wealth in the Southeast Asian country.
* AT INCEPTION, JULIUS BAER WILL HOLD 40% IN JOINT VENTURE, WITH OPTION TO INCREASE TO 49% OVER TIME Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* ENTERS JV AGREEMENT WITH JULIUS BAER; JV CO WITH INITIAL REGISTERED CAPITAL OF 1.80 BILLION BAHT
Jan 30 Swiss private bank Julius Baer named Jean-Daniel Roch market head for Luxembourg.
* JULIUS BAER CEO SAYS CONFIDENT CAN IMPROVE COST/INCOME RATIO IN 2018
* CEO SAYS WILL DRIVE FORWARD GROWTH STRATEGY OF ORGANIC DEVELOPMENT AND TARGETED M&A
BERN, Jan 18 Former Julius Baer chief executive Boris Collardi said on Thursday the chance to go from employee to entrepreneur drove his decision to quit his job to become a partner at Geneva-based rival Pictet Group.
Jan 17 Swiss private banking group Julius Baer on Wednesday said it appointed Calum Brewster as head of U.K. regional offices, based in Edinburgh.