Balfour Beatty PLC (BALF.L)
19 Jan 2018
LONDON/BALMEDIE, Scotland In Balmedie, a village on the northeast coast of Scotland, an unfinished 12 km stretch of dual carriageway is a stark illustration of why British construction company Carillion went bust this week.
* NOTES THAT US GOVERNMENT RECENTLY PASSED TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT WHICH CONTAINS SIGNIFICANT TAX REFORM MEASURES
Jan 16 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 8 points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.14 percent ahead of the cash market open.
Jan 16 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 8 points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. * RIO TINTO: Global miner Rio Tinto said on Tuesday it could ship up to an additional 10 million tonnes of iron ore in 2018 worth $780 million at today's prices after reporting a 1 percent rise in 2017 shipments. * CITIGROUP: Citigroup Inc will increase compensation for women and minorities to bridge pay gaps in the United States, the United Kingdom and Germa
* GKN rises as Melrose seeks to woo shareholders (Recasts, adds closing share prices)
BRIEF-Galliford Says To Discuss To Minimise Impact Of Carillion Bankruptcy On Aberdeen Contract With Scotland
* GROUP IS IN JOINT VENTURE WITH CARILLION AND BALFOUR BEATTY ON £550 MILLION ABERDEEN WESTERN PERIPHERAL ROUTE CONTRACT
* CASH IMPACT TO BALFOUR BEATTY IS LIKELY TO BE AN OUTFLOW IN RANGE OF £35 MILLION TO £45 MILLION IN 2018
Dec 29 Britain's Balfour Beatty said on Friday it has agreed to sell a further 7.5 percent stake in Connect Plus, the operator of the M25 motorway for 62 million pounds ($83.5 million) in cash, a week after it announced the sale of a 12.5 percent stake.
* ANNOUNCES SALE OF AN ADDITIONAL 7.5 PERCENT STAKE IN CONNECT PLUS, COMPANY WHICH OPERATES M25 ORBITAL MOTORWAY
* AWARDED, IN JOINT VENTURE, $1.08BN GREEN LINE EXTENSION DESIGN AND BUILD CONTRACT BY MASSACHUSETTS BAY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY