BASF SE (BASFn.DE)
* GRAPHIC-World FX rates in 2019: http://tmsnrt.rs/2egbfVh (Updates to close of U.S. markets)
German shares drove Europe lower on Tuesday after a profit warning from chemicals giant BASF citing trade friction put chemical and auto makers on the back foot, while a slump in copper prices knocked mining stocks. | Video
* Ocado gains after affirming forecast (Updates to close, adds quote)
* BASF profit alert hits industrials (Adds news items, analyst comments, updates to closing prices)
* Dow down 0.31%, S&P off 0.04%, Nasdaq up 0.23% (Changes quote, adds details; Updates prices)
LONDON, July 9 World stocks fell for a third straight day on Tuesday after a stinging warning from German chemicals giant BASF about the effects of the global trade war and as hopes dwindled of a hefty U.S. interest rate cut this month.
FRANKFURT BASF shares fell almost 7% early on Tuesday after an overnight profit warning in which the German chemicals giant citing trade friction forecast a 30% fall in adjusted annual operating profit instead of a rise.
* China output could fall further -analyst (Adds analyst note)
* World stocks drop for 3rd day as hopes for large Fed cut fade
July 9 European shares opened lower on Tuesday in what could be their third straight day of losses as German shares fell sharply due to a profit warning from chemicals giant BASF.