Best Buy Co Inc (BBY.N)
17 Nov 2017
* Sets regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.34 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Wal-Mart hits record high after results, boosts staples index
Nov 16 Best Buy Co Inc took a $100 million hit in the third quarter from the late launch of the iPhone X and gave a profit forecast for the holiday period that fell short of analysts' estimates, as it competes in a brutal U.S. retail market.
* Indexes up: Dow 0.77 pct, S&P 0.76 pct, Nasdaq 1.17 pct (Changes comment, updates prices, adds details on tax plan)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.55 pct, S&P 0.44 pct, Nasdaq 0.72 pct (Updates to open)
Best Buy Co Inc reported disappointing third-quarter results on Thursday and forecast holiday-quarter profit below Wall Street estimates as it cut prices to match those offered by rivals including Amazon.com Inc.
* Futures up: Dow 68 pts, S&P 7.75 pts, Nasdaq 26 pts (Adds comment, details, updates prices)
Nov 16 U.S. stocks were set to bounce back on Thursday after two straight days of losses on the back of strong earnings from companies, including Wal-Mart and Cisco.
Nov 16 Best Buy Co Inc, the No. 1 U.S. consumer electronics retailer, reported a smaller-than-expected rise in same-store sales in the third quarter, hurt by the late launch of the iPhone X and hurricanes.
Oct 27 Apple Inc quashed concerns of muted demand for its iPhone X on Friday, saying pre-orders for the 10th anniversary phone were "off the charts".