Beiersdorf AG (BEIG.DE)
20 Nov 2017
* SAID ON TUESDAY THAT ITS Q3 REVENUE WAS 1.4 MILLION ZLOTYS VERSUS 1.8 MILLION ZLOTYS YEAR AGO
* Consumer unit more sluggish, below expectations (Updates with comments on China, analyst view)
* Shares jump as much as 6.3 percent (Adds analyst comments, CEO comment, further details)
* Says launch of Face category in Japan bringing significant market share gains Further company coverage:
* SAID ON WEDNESDAY THAT ITS Q2 REVENUE WAS 1.7 MILLION ZLOTYS VERSUS 2.3 MILLION ZLOTYS YEAR AGO
FRANKFURT, Aug 3 German consumer goods company Beiersdorf is still evaluating the costs of the cyber attack that crippled Ukrainian business in June, but does not expect a material impact on its 2017 profits, executives said on Thursday.
Aug 3 Nivea cream maker Beiersdorf reported a 3.3 percent rise in underlying first-half sales, missing analyst estimates after a recent global cyber attack cost it about 35 million euros ($41.5 million) in the period.
Aug 3 Nivea cream maker Beiersdorf reported on Thursday a 3.3 percent rise in first-half organic sales that missed analyst estimates, hurt by the impact of a recent global cyber attack that affected the company's IT and telephone systems.
* IN NOMINAL TERMS, H1 SALES WERE UP 4.6%, FROM €3.358 BILLION TO €3.513 BILLION
* Shares rise 2.3 percent to top of MDAX (Adds sources, background, link to Breakingviews)