Caterpillar Inc (CAT.N)
16 Aug 2018
* Indexes up: Dow 1.58 pct, S&P 0.79 pct, Nasdaq 0.42 pct (Updates to market close)
* Indexes up: Dow 1.70 pct, S&P 0.95 pct, Nasdaq 0.67 pct (Updates to late afternoon, changes dateline to NEW YORK, changes byline)
* Indexes up: Dow 1.28 pct, S&P 0.67 pct, Nasdaq 0.58 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures up: Dow 0.83 pct, S&P 0.49 pct, Nasdaq 0.58 pct (Adds comment, details; updates prices)
CHICAGO Caterpillar Inc on Monday gave a promising outlook for the global economy despite ongoing trade tensions and mounting cost concerns, and the heavy equipment maker lifted its full-year earnings forecast after quarterly profits nearly doubled. | Video
* Expects tariffs to inflate material costs by up to $200 mln
July 30 U.S. stocks opened little changed on Monday as weakness in tech stocks offset gains in energy companies which rose on the back of higher oil prices and as industrials got a lift from Caterpillar's upbeat quarterly earnings.
* Dow up 0.13 pct, S&P and Nasdaq flat (Adds comment, details; Updates prices)
July 30 Dow futures got a slight boost on Monday after an encouraging report from Caterpillar, a bellwether for global economic activity, while S&P and Nasdaq futures remained under pressure from technology stocks.
CHICAGO, July 30 Caterpillar Inc on Monday posted higher quarterly profit that beat market expectations and upgraded the full-year profit outlook, citing robust global demand for its equipment.
|Komatsu Ltd (6301.T)||¥3,016||+17.00|
|Volvo AB (VOLVb.ST)||146.55kr||-0.05|
|Volvo AB (VOLVa.ST)||147.40kr||+0.50|
|Deere & Company (DE.N)||$137.35||+1.65|
|Doosan Infracore Co Ltd (042670.KS)||₩9,850.00||+70.00|
|Cummins Inc. (CMI.N)||$140.76||+2.72|
|General Electric Company (GE.N)||$12.30||+0.08|
|Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)||€110.26||+0.18|
|Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRT1V.HE)||€17.78||+0.02|
|Wartsila Oyj Abp (WRTAV.HE)||--||--|