Commerzbank AG (CBKG.DE)
ZURICH UBS has put former Commerzbank boss Martin Blessing in charge of its market-leading wealth management business, sparking speculation that the Swiss bank could be lining him up as an eventual successor to chief executive Sergio Ermotti.
ZURICH, Dec 14 UBS has put former Commerzbank boss Martin Blessing in charge of its market-leading wealth management business, sparking speculation that the Swiss bank could be lining him up as an eventual successor to chief executive Sergio Ermotti.
* SAYS IT AND HSBC TRANSACTION SERVICES GMBH AGREE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP FOR SECURITIES SETTLEMENT
* HAS NOW SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED NEGOTIATIONS WITH EMPLOYEE REPRESENTATIVES IN GERMANY
FRANKFURT BNP Paribas Chairman Jean Lemierre on Friday damped down speculation that France's biggest bank is interested in a tie-up with Germany's Commerzbank .
* Cerberus has sparked talk of German bank mergers (Adds Cryan comments on banking consolidation)
FRANKFURT Germany's Commerzbank has become the target of a tax evasion probe in which several current and former managers are suspected of evading 40 million euros ($47 million) in taxes via so-called dividend stripping.
* Commerzbank says has identified cum-ex trades in past (Adds details, background, further Commerzbank statement)
* CFO declines to comment on takeover speculation, saying only that the bank is focusing on long-term profitability Further company coverage:
* Says sticking with guidance that there will be no dividend for 2017 Further company coverage: