CIMB Group Holdings Bhd (CIMB.KL)
23 Mar 2018
KUALA LUMPUR, March 12 Malaysian banks face risks on their commercial real estate loans in 2018, although their overall asset quality is expected to remain stable on improving macroeconomic conditions and slower formation of new nonperforming loans, Moody's said in a report.
* Philippines snaps 5-session losing streak * Indonesia drops for fourth straight session * Singapore declines over 1 pct By Susan Mathew March 7 Most Southeast Asian stock markets fell on Wednesday, with Indonesia shedding 2 percent in its sharpest drop in nearly four months, tracking weakness in broader Asia. MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan was down 0.6 percent as fears resurfaced that U.S. President Donald Trump will proceed wit
* Banks see improving external environment driving loans appetite (Adds quotes and comments from executives of the banks)
* Maybank's quarterly profit falls 11 pct, CIMB's jumps 24 pct
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 28 Malaysia's second-largest bank by assets, CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, reported on Wednesday a 24 percent jump in fourth-quarter net profit, helped by a rise in non-interest income and cost-cutting.
* YEAR AGO QTRLY REVENUE 4.31 BILLION RGT; YEAR AGO QTRLY NET PROFIT 854.4 MILLION RGT
* Asian shares ex-Japan rise about 1 pct * Vietnam gains as much as 1.5 pct * Philippines falls, set for third losing session By Christina Martin Feb 12 Most Southeast Asian stocks rose on Monday as Wall Street's recovery in the last session instilled some confidence into Asian markets. Wall Street's main stock indexes climbed more than 1 percent on Friday, giving investors some solace after a week of major swings that shook the market out of months of calm.
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 11 CIMB Group Holdings Bhd will sell part of its stakes in two asset management joint venture units to U.S.-based partner Principal Financial Group for 470.3 million ringgit ($118.02 million).
* TO DIVEST 20% EQUITY STAKE IN CIMB-PRINCIPAL ASSET MANAGEMENT BERHAD TO PRINCIPAL INTERNATIONAL (ASIA) LTD
* TOUCH ‘N GO OBTAINED APPROVAL FROM BANK NEGARA MALAYSIA TO OPERATE & OFFER MOBILE E-WALLET SERVICES IN MALAYSIA VIA TNG DIGITAL Source: http://bit.ly/2CT50lB Further company coverage: