Cineworld Group PLC (CINE.L)
23 Jan 2018
LONDON, Jan 17 A US$4.3bn-equivalent leveraged loan financing backing Britain's Cineworld Group’s acquisition of US peer Regal Entertainment Group has launched for syndication, banking sources said.
Jan 17 British cinema operator Cineworld Group , which is buying U.S. peer Regal Entertainment for $3.6 billion, said total 2017 revenue grew 11.6 percent on strong box office takings for titles such as "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" and "Dunkirk".
* FOR YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2017 - REVENUE GROWTH OF 11.6 PCT ACHIEVED
* FULLY UNDERWRITTEN RIGHTS ISSUE RAISING PROCEEDS OF £1.7 BILLION IN CONNECTION WITH PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF REGAL ENTERTAINMENT
Britain's Cineworld Group Plc sealed an agreement to buy larger U.S. peer Regal Entertainment Group on Tuesday for $3.6 billion in cash, a deal that would create the world's second largest movie theater operator. | Video
Britain's Cineworld Group Plc sealed an agreement to buy larger U.S. peer Regal Entertainment Group on Tuesday for $3.6 billion in cash, a deal that would create the world's second largest movie theatre operator. | Video
Dec 5 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
* SAYS IF CINEWORLD DEAL TERMINATED UNDER SOME CIRCUMSTANCES SPECIFIED IN AGREEMENT, CO TO HAVE TO PAY CINEWORLD GROUP FEE OF $95.2 MILLION
* Deal puts combined company in better position to take on AMC
* REACHED AGREEMENT ON TERMS OF A RECOMMENDED PROPOSAL FOR CINEWORLD TO ACQUIRE, FOR CASH, ENTIRE ISSUED SHARE CAPITAL OF REGAL