FirstRand Ltd (FSRJ.J)
* FIRSTRAND LTD - THOMAS WINTERBOER HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS AN INDEPENDENT NON- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF FIRSTRAND LIMITED AND FIRSTRAND BANK LIMITED
* FIRSTRAND HAS BEEN AWARDED SHORT-TERM INSURANCE LICENCE BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES BOARD
* Incoming CEO says won't tinker with strategy (Adds incoming CEO comments in paragraph 13-14)
JOHANNESBURG, March 6 South Africa's No.1 lender by value, FirstRand, reported a 6 percent increase in half-year profit on Tuesday, a substantial slowdown from a year ago as a weak economy hit investment and consumption spending.
* HY BASIC HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE 224.2 CENTS VERSUS. 211.5 CENTS AS REPORTED YEAR AGO
* SOUTH AFRICAN REGISTRAR OF BANKS APPROVED ACQUISITION AND CONDITION RELATED TO SUCH APPROVAL HAS BEEN SATISFIED WRT CASH OFFER FOR ALDERMORE
BRIEF-Firstrand Ltd Says South African Registrar Of Banks Approved Acquisition of Aldermore by FirstRand Offeror
* SARB APPROVED ACQUISITION OF ALDERMORE BY FIRSTRAND OFFEROR, A WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY OF FIRSTRAND LIMITED
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 27 South African lender FirstRand said on Tuesday its group Chief Executive Johan Burger will retire at the end of March after two and a half years at the helm and be succeeded by his deputy Alan Pullinger.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 27 South African lender FirstRand said on Tuesday group Chief Executive Johan Burger will retire at the end of March and be succeeded by the company's group deputy CEO Alan Pullinger.
* JOHAN BURGER WILL RETIRE AS GROUP AND BANK CEO, EFFECTIVE 31 MARCH 2018