Gold Fields Ltd (GFIJ.J)
* Gold Fields H1 profit unchanged (Recasts with CEO comment, adds results, share price)
* Shares down more than 12 pct (Adds CEO, mines minister, union comment, details)
LONDON Gold prices edged up on Thursday as a dollar rally came off the boil, though upside momentum in the precious metal, seen as a safe haven asset, was capped by an easing of political tensions in Italy.
BENGALURU, May 31 Gold prices edged up early on Thursday, as the dollar eased from 6-1/2 month highs hit earlier this week on a weaker-than-expected U.S. economic data, with prices further supported by concerns about the trade war. FUNDAMENTALS * Spot gold rose 0.2 percent to $1,303.30 per ounce by 0053 GMT. * U.S. gold futures for June delivery were 0.2-percent higher at $1,304.30 per ounce. * The dollar index , which measures the green
LIMA, May 30 South Africa's Gold Fields is setting aside pursuit of new acquisitions for a year as it focuses on its existing operations and nearby prospects instead, the bullion producer's chief executive told Reuters late on Tuesday.
* Bullion miner to fund transaction through cash and debt (Adds CEO quote, analyst comment on debt levels)
JOHANNESBURG, March 29 South Africa's Gold Fields said it will buy a 50 percent stake in Asanko Gold Inc's Ghana subsidiary and take a stake in the Canadian miner in a $202.6 million deal.
* ENTERED INTO A DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT WITH ASANKO GOLD TO FORM A 50:50 INCORPORATED JOINT VENTURE
* ASANKO GOLD TO RECEIVE US$185 MILLION FROM GOLD FIELDS FOR 50% JOINT VENTURE INTEREST AND US$17.6 MILLION FOR 9.9% PRIVATE PLACEMENT IN ASANKO GOLD
* Troubled S. African platinum assets delivered solid performance