Hess Corp (HES.N)
OSLO Norwegian billionaire Kjell Inge Roekke's Aker Energy plans "significant" oil exploration and production in Ghana after a $100 million deal to buy Hess Corporation's business there.
* Likely to seek financial or industrial partners (Adds interview with Aker CEO, share, details)
OSLO, Feb 19 Aker Energy AS, controlled by Norwegian billionaire Kjell Inge Roekke, has agreed to buy Hess Corporation's Ghana unit in a $100 million deal and plans to launch production from its first oilfield there in 2021, it said on Monday.
* Chinese offshore oil and gas company CNOOC Ltd said on Tuesday production at its Stampede deepwater oil and gas field in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico has started
Feb 5 U.S. oil and gas producer Hess Corp posted its 13th straight quarterly loss on Monday as ballooning expenses offset rising crude prices, sending shares down nearly 5 percent.
* CHIEF EXECUTIVE JOHN HESS SAYS NORTH DAKOTA AND GUYANA ARE 'GROWTH ENGINES' FOR COMPANY
* HESS REPORTS ESTIMATED RESULTS FOR THE FOURTH QUARTER OF 2017
Feb 5 Oil and gas producer Hess Corp, which is locked in a battle with activist investor Elliott Management Corp, posted its 13th straight quarter of losses on Monday as the company struggled to rein in expenses.
HOUSTON, Jan 31 Hess Corp said on Wednesday it would spend $2.1 billion this year mostly in North Dakota and Guyana, keeping its budget unchanged from 2017 amid a battle over corporate strategy with activist investor Elliott Management Corp.
* HESS CORP - ANNOUNCED ITS 2018 E&P CAPITAL AND EXPLORATORY BUDGET WILL BE $2.1 BILLION, SAME AS 2017