JD.com Inc (JD.OQ)
15 Jun 2018
BERLIN France’s Carrefour announced a deal this week with Google to boost its online shopping business. It is the latest in a string of partnerships between traditional food retailers and tech companies as grocery ecommerce takes off.
* Online food and drink sales only 1.5 of global grocery market
HONG KONG/BEIJING Chinese online retailer JD.com Inc has invested $306 million in ESR Cayman Ltd, a logistics fund developer and manager backed by private equity firm Warburg Pincus LLC, ESR said in a statement on Tuesday.
HONG KONG/BEIJING, May 15 Chinese online retailer JD.com Inc has invested $306 million in ESR Cayman Ltd, a logistics fund developer and manager backed by private equity firm Warburg Pincus LLC, ESR said in a statement on Tuesday.
* SAYS IT SIGNS STRATEGIC AGREEMENT WITH JD.COM TO SELL PRODUCTS ON JD'S E-COMMERCE PLATFORM Source text in Chinese: https://bit.ly/2FZ45xx Further company coverage: (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
China's JD.com Inc missed earnings estimates on Tuesday, sending its stock down, as heavy spending on logistics and new business initiatives amid stiff competition cut into its bottom line
* Sees Q2 revenue growth of 29-33 pct, matching estimates (Adds detail from release, analyst comment)
May 8 JD.com Inc, China's second-largest e-commerce firm, reported a better-than-expected 33.1 percent rise in first-quarter revenue on Tuesday, helped by steady sales in a historically slow quarter.
* Q1 REVENUE RMB 100.1 BILLION VERSUS I/B/E/S VIEW RMB 98.95 BILLION
* SAYS ITS JOINT-STOCK UNIT LEYNEW PLANS TO BRING IN JD.COM AS STRATEGIC INVESTOR