Lowe's Companies Inc (LOW.N)
19 Jan 2018
Jan 19 Home improvement chain Lowe's Cos Inc said it has nominated two independent board members and plans to add a third following "constructive" talks with hedge fund D.E. Shaw Group, which has taken an activist stake, sending shares up 3 percent on Friday.
Jan 19 Lowe's Cos Inc said on Friday it added two board members, a week after reports that hedge fund D.E. Shaw & Co had built an active stake in the home improvement chain, sending its shares up 2 percent.
* D.E. SHAW BUILDS ACTIVIST STAKE IN LOWE’S- BLOOMBERG, CITING SOURCES
* Lowe's Companies Inc - on Nov 21, Co announced that Rick D. Damron will be retiring as company's chief operating officer effective February 3, 2018 Source text (http://bit.ly/2BdoopS) Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lowe's Cos Inc on Tuesday beat quarterly estimates on higher demand for building materials after hurricanes in the United States but kept its full-year sales and profit outlook unchanged, sending its shares lower. | Video
* Keeps FY EPS forecast of $4.20-$4.30 (Adds comments from CEO, analyst; details from conf call; updates shares)
* In presentation- Q3 average ticket rose 5.8 percent to $72.63, customer transactions increased 0.7 pct
* Lowe's appoints Richard D. Maltsbarger chief operating officer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q3 earnings per share view $1.02 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Nov 21 Lowe's Cos Inc said on Tuesday its third-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by lower costs as well as higher demand for emergency supplies and rebuilding material due to hurricanes battering several regions in the United States.