Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.BO)
23 Feb 2018
BRIEF-Maruti Suzuki India Exec Says Committed To Help Set Up Ecosystem Needed For Electric Vehicles
Feb 7 Maruti Suzuki India MD & CEO Kenichi Ayukawa:
* SAYS JAN TOTAL SALES OF 151351 VEHICLES VERSUS 144,396 VEHICLES LAST YEAR
** Shares of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd rise as much as 3.09 pct to 9,564.70 rupees ($150.51)
** Suzuki Motor Corp shares fall 4.2 pct to 6,140 yen, lowest since early December
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, the country's top-selling car maker, posted a lower than expected 3 percent rise in quarterly net profit as higher sales of its compact and utility vehicles were partially offset by higher raw material costs.
* Q3 profit 17.99 bln rupees vs estimates of 20.36 bln rupees
Jan 25 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, the country's top-selling car maker, posted a 3 percent rise in its quarterly net profit as sales volumes rose, but the profit fell short of analysts' expectations.
* CONSENSUS FORECAST FOR DEC QUARTER NET PROFIT WAS 20.36 BILLION RUPEES
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* SAYS HIKES PRICES FROM 1700 RUPEES TO 17000 RUPEES (EX-SHOWROOM-DELHI) ACROSS MODELS