Metro Inc (MRU.TO)
18 Jan 2018
* Wholesale unit organic sales up in Germany; down in Russia (Adds shares, analyst comment)
* SAYS EXPECT 2017/18 EARNINGS FROM REAL ESTATE AT PREVIOUS YEAR'S LEVEL OF 175 MILLION EUR
DUESSELDORF, Dec 6 German retailer Metro has placed an employee on leave while prosecutors investigate multiple officials for possible insider trading and market manipulation, a spokesman for the company said on Wednesday.
* METRO INC. PRICES AGGREGATE C$1.2 BILLION SENIOR UNSECURED NOTES OFFERING Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q4 sales C$3.228 billion versus I/B/E/S view C$3.15 billion
DUESSELDORF, Germany, Nov 12 The chief executives of Germany's Metro and Ceconomy are among those being investigated by prosecutors for suspected market manipulation in 2016 ahead of a split of the retail group into two, a company spokesman said on Sunday.
* Qtrly net profit 69.3 million baht versus 47.5 million baht Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
TORONTO Canadian retailers are struggling to fortify their defences against aggressively expanding U.S. e-commerce operators in an effort to stave off further loss of market share and erosion of profit margins in a brutal retail market.
TORONTO Canadian retailers are struggling to fortify their defenses against aggressively expanding U.S. e-commerce operators in an effort to stave off further loss of market share and erosion of profit margins in a brutal retail market.
DUESSELDORF, Germany, Nov 3 German prosecutors are investigating the supervisory board chairman and a senior executive of retailer Metro on suspicion of insider trading, the company said on Friday.