Novo Nordisk A/S (NOVOb.CO)
22 Mar 2018
COPENHAGEN Leading diabetes drugmaker Novo Nordisk has named former oil boss Helge Lund as its new chairman as the company contends with increasing price pressure and seeks acquisitions to broaden its blood products line-up.
* Faces increasing price pressure in diabetes market (Updates with election of Helge Lund, CEO quote)
* NOVO NORDISK ELECTS FORMER STATOIL, BG CEO HELGE LUND AS NEW CHAIRMAN AT THE FIRM'S ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Further company coverage: (Reporting by Stine Jacobsen)
COPENHAGEN, March 22 Leading diabetes drugmaker Novo Nordisk is expected to pick former oil boss Helge Lund as its new chairman as the company contends with increasing price pressure and seeks new acquisitions to broaden its blood products line-up.
* SEMAGLUTIDE INJECTION PHASE 2 DATA PRESENTED AT ENDOCRINE SOCIETY’S ANNUAL MEETING IN CHICAGO DEMONSTRATED SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS IN ADULTS WITH OBESITY
* SIGNS TWO CONTRACTS WITH NOVO NORDISK TO DISTRIBUTE OVER 20 STOCK-KEEPING UNITS OF ITS DIABETES CARE, HAEMOPHILIA, GROWTH DISORDERS PRODUCTS IN EGYPT Source: (http://bit.ly/2ppnnGW) Further company coverage:
* NOVO NORDISK - OZEMPIC(®) (SEMAGLUTIDE INJECTION) IS NOW AVAILABLE ACROSS CANADA Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
* FILES FOR REGULATORY APPROVAL OF LONG-ACTING FACTOR VIII (N8-GP) IN THE U.S. AND THE EU FOR TREATMENT OF HAEMOPHILIA A
* SAYS BOARD OF DIRECTORS PROPOSES ELECTION OF ANDREAS FIBIG AND MARTIN MACKAY AS NEW MEMBERS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING MARCH 22
COPENHAGEN/LONDON The world's largest diabetes drugmaker, Novo Nordisk, on Thursday presented the first successful data from a large final-stage study of a pill it hopes will transform the diabetes market.