Newell Brands Inc (NWL.N)
23 Feb 2018
Feb 22 Sharpie pens maker Newell Brands Inc on Thursday named two new independent directors to its board, rebuffing attempts by activist investor Starboard Value LP to replace the company's board.
* NEWELL BRANDS - ON FEB 21, CO ANNOUNCED THAT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF CO INCREASED THE SIZE OF THE BOARD FROM NINE MEMBERS TO ELEVEN - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2HBZDqw) Further company coverage:
Feb 22 Sharpie pens maker Newell Brands Inc on Thursday named two new independent directors to its board, days after activist investor Starboard Value LP unveiled a list of candidates to replace the company's board.
* NEWELL BRANDS ANNOUNCES BOARD REFRESHMENT WITH THREE NEW INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS
* NEWELL BRANDS PROVIDES UPDATE ON ACCELERATED TRANSFORMATION PLAN AT CAGNY CONFERENCE
Feb 16 Newell Brands Inc, which is under pressure from activist investor Starboard Value, reported better-than-expected quarterly results and forecast current-quarter sales and profit ahead of estimates, buoyed by demand for its food containers, fragrances and sporting goods.
Feb 16 Newell Brands Inc reported quarterly sales that beat analysts' estimates on Friday, helped by strong demand for Rubbermaid food containers and baby products.
* NEWELL BRANDS ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL YEAR 2017 RESULTS
* SETS QUARTERLY CASH DIVIDEND OF $0.23PER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Activist shareholder Starboard Value LP on Monday nominated a full slate of candidates to Newell Brands Inc's board, including two directors who resigned from the Sharpie pen maker's board last month.