Punjab National Bank (PNBK.NS)
16 Mar 2018
Mar 16 Below are the ratings awarded by Investment Information Credit Rating Agency Ltd. (ICRA) for local debt instruments as of March 15, 2018. COMPANY INSTRUMENT RATING AMOUNT MOVEMENT (RS.MLN) ------ ---------- ------ ----- --------- SHORT TERM RATINGS: ------------------- Anmol Feeds Pvt Ltd
* PNB discloses another fraud, of $1.4 million, at Mumbai branch
* EXEC SAYS CAN'T INFER ACCOUNTABILITY ONLY LIES WITH THE BANK AFTER $2 BILLION FRAUD
MUMBAI The Reserve Bank of India chief said on Wednesday that it had "very limited authority" over state-run banks and called for reforms to give the regulator more powers to police such lenders in the wake of a $2 billion fraud.
MUMBAI, March 14 India's central bank chief said on Wednesday that it had "very limited authority" over state-run banks and called for reforms to give the regulator more powers to police such lenders in the wake of a $2 billion fraud.
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
MUMBAI The Reserve Bank of India on Tuesday barred all lenders from issuing letters of undertaking - a form of credit guarantee at the heart of a major fraud - as embattled Punjab National Bank disclosed its total exposure in the case had risen by another $145 million.
* Banks still in talks over who takes the PNB fraud liability (Recasts with RBI directive, adds PNB, finance minister comments)
* SAYS 9.42 BILLION RUPEES "NOT NEW FRAUD BUT RECALL OF CREDIT LIMITS"
March 13 India's Punjab National Bank (PNB) will honour claims by peer banks who issued credit to billionaire jeweller Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi against guarantees given by PNB, but the payments come with riders, the Economic Times (ET) reported.