Paddy Power Betfair PLC (PPB.L)
16 Mar 2018
DUBLIN, March 7 Shares in Paddy Power Betfair fell by more than 4 percent on Wednesday after the gambling group's plans to increase marketing spend and boost sluggish European growth led to downgrades in earnings forecasts.
LONDON, March 7 A two-day rally of British stocks ran out of steam on Wednesday after the resignation of U.S. economic advisor Gary Cohn caused global investors to fret over the U.S. administration's shift towards protectionism, stoking fears of a trade war.
* PADDY POWER BETFAIR CEO SAYS THERE COULD BE MORE CONSOLIDATION IN AUSTRALIAN BETTING MARKET
* UNDERLYING EBITDA UP 18% TO £473M, HIGHER THAN OUR PREVIOUS GUIDANCE RANGE
* ALEX GERSH HAS ADVISED BOARD THAT HE INTENDS TO STEP DOWN FROM HIS POSITION AFTER SIX YEARS WITH GROUP ONCE A SUCCESSOR HAS BEEN APPOINTED.
* PADDY POWER BETFAIR PLC - ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF DAN TAYLOR AS CEO OF EUROPE AND BARNI EVANS AS CEO OF SPORTSBET, GROUP'S OPERATIONS IN AUSTRALIA Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
LONDON Online gambling company GVC Holdings is in talks to buy Ladbrokes Coral for up to $5.2 billion in a long-awaited deal that would transform it into a bastion of British betting.
* Deal follows govt. review on betting terminals (Adds background, quotes)
Nov 24 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
LONDON Paddy Power Betfair , the FTSE 100 gambling company, has held talks to explore a possible tie-up with Australia's CrownBet, the online betting unit of Crown Resorts, two sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.