Refresco Group NV (RFRG.AS)
19 Jan 2018
BRIEF-Cott says UK's CMA accepts phase 1 remedy in sale of beverage manufacturing business to Refresco
* COTT- UK COMPETITION AND MARKETS AUTHORITY ACCEPTS PHASE 1 REMEDY IN PRINCIPLE IN SALE OF ITS TRADITIONAL BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING BUSINESS TO REFRESCO
* REG-CMA ACCEPTS REFRESCO'S REMEDY PROPOSAL; COMPLETION OF THE ACQUISITION OF COTT'S BOTTLING ACTIVITIES ANTICIPATED ON 30 JANUARY 2018
* REFRESCO OFFERED TO ADDRESS CMA’S CONCERNS ABOUT ITS MERGER WITH COTT BY SELLING ONLY UK-BASED COTT FACILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCTION PROCESS
* COTT ANNOUNCES UK COMPETITION AND MARKETS AUTHORITY UPDATE REGARDING THE SALE OF ITS TRADITIONAL BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING BUSINESS TO REFRESCO
LONDON, Jan 3 Drinks bottler Refresco is willing to offer remedies to concerns voiced by Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) over the Dutch company's $1.25 billion acquisition of Cott Corp's bottling activities.
* REG-REFRESCO PROVIDES UPDATE OF UK COMPETITION AND MARKETS AUTHORITY ON ACQUISITION PROCESS COTT'S BOTTLING ACTIVITIES
Jan 3 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 2 points at 7,649.6 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.13 percent ahead of the cash market open.
LONDON, Jan 3 Britain's Competition and Markets Authority on Wednesday said it is concerned that Refresco's $1.25 billion purchase of Canada-based Cott Corp's bottling activities could result in higher prices or lead to lower quality standards.
* COMPETITION AND MARKETS AUTHORITY (CMA) HAS BEEN CARRYING OUT AN INITIAL INVESTIGATION INTO REFRESCO'S PROPOSED $1.25 BILLION (ABOUT £935 MILLION) PURCHASE OF COTT'S WORLDWIDE BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING BUSINESS.
* REG-REFRESCO AND A CONSORTIUM OF PAI AND BCIMC ANTICIPATE OFFER LAUNCH IN JANUARY 2018