South32 Ltd (S32J.J)
13 Dec 2017
Nov 27 Australian miner South32 Ltd on Monday said its South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) business would be run as a stand-alone unit, with the goal of widening its ownership and possibly listing it on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
* Growing use of nickel, which allows longer charge, in batteries
SYDNEY/MELBOURNE Battery makers are increasingly turning to nickel to help power growing global electric car sales, but only half of the world's producers of the metal are likely to benefit, mining analysts and executives say.
Oct 25 Australian shares ended mildly firmer on Wednesday as positive factors in overseas economies supported materials while a drop in retail-to-coal giant Wesfarmers dented gains.
GARPENBERG MINE, Sweden Hundreds of metres below the lush forests of rural Sweden, one of the world’s most ancient mines has been transformed into one of the most modern.Sensors linked to robotic equipment in Boliden’s Garpenberg zinc mine – which has been in operation since the 13th century - feed data to operators above ground as screens blink and flash in a nearby control room. | Video
* Mining belatedly embraces digital innovation to boost efficiency
* South32 Ltd - entered over-counter equity forward contract to acquire up to an additional 15 million shares in Arizona Mining Incorporated
* Spot premiums are down amid ample supply in Asia (Adds details)
Aug 24 Australian shares ended higher on Thursday as sentiment was boosted by upbeat profit numbers from miner South32 Ltd, while firm commodity prices helped lift material stocks.
* Increases $500 mln buyback by $250 mln (Recasts, adds CEO quotes, details, dateline)