Saga PLC (SAGAG.L)
20 Mar 2018
Feb 19 Saga Plc, a British tourism and insurance group for the over-50s, said it had appointed Patrick O'Sullivan as chairman, with effect from May 1.
* APPOINTMENT OF PATRICK O'SULLIVAN AS CHAIRMAN WITH EFFECT FROM 1 MAY 2018.
Feb 12 Saga Plc, a British tourism and insurance group for the over-50s, said it had signed a quota share deal with NewRe and German reinsurer Hannover Re to take on 80 percent of the motor underwriting risk of its in-house underwriter AICL.
* QUOTA SHARE COVER 80% OF UNDERWRITING RISK OF MOTOR POLICIES OF GROUP'S IN-HOUSE UNDERWRITER, AICL, TO TAKE EFFECT FROM 1 FEBRUARY 2019
* ROBIN SHAW HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO NEW ROLE OF CEO OF SAGA TRAVEL
* Shares fall more than 20 pct to low of 135 pence (Adds CEO comments, details, updates shares)
Dec 6 Britain's Saga Plc said it expected its full-year underlying pretax profit to grow by just 1-2 percent due to more challenging trading in insurance broking and the collapse of Monarch Airlines.
* GROUP'S GROWTH IN UNDERLYING PBT 1 IS EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 1% AND 2% FOR YEAR ENDED 31 JANUARY 2018
Oct 24 Saga Plc, a provider of travel and insurance services for people of 50 and above, said Chairman Andrew Goodsell intends to retire in 2018, after 26 years with the company.
* SAGA CHAIRMAN ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO RETIRE AND BOARD LAUNCHES SEARCH FOR SUCCESSOR