Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (SGREN.MC)
17 Nov 2017
FRANKFURT Siemens will cut about 6,900 jobs, or close to 2 percent of its global workforce, mainly at its power and gas division, which has been hit by the rapid growth of renewables.
* Shares down 2.7 percent (Writes through with new executive, union comment)
BERLIN Siemens Gamesa said on Monday it plans to cut as many as 6,000 jobs worldwide as it braces for sales to plunge by as much as a fifth next year.
BERLIN, Nov 6 Siemens Gamesa said on Monday it plans to cut as many as 6,000 jobs worldwide as it braces for sales to plunge by as much as a fifth next year.
LONDON European shares crept higher on Friday, with new records hit in London and Frankfurt, though earnings from French bank Societe Generale and Dutch telecoms group Altice weighed on their sectors and limited gains.
* Renault gets boost as French state trims stake (Adds closing prices)
* Vestas shares up 25 pct in 2017, Siemens Gamesa down 30 pct
* Investor appetite for offshore wind never bigger -CFO (Adds CFO, analyst, updates share price)
MADRID Spanish utility Iberdrola used its influence to change the management of Siemens Gamesa on Friday after the wind-power joint venture suffered two profit warnings in less than three months.
* Siemens Gamesa delays strategy to February, share price falls