UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH.N)
22 Feb 2019
NEW YORK A top U.S. pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) owned by UnitedHealth Group Inc has included new migraine drugs from Amgen Inc and Eli Lilly and Co as preferred treatments on its lists of covered drugs, according to an OptumRx client note viewed by Reuters.
The cost of insulin for treating type 1 diabetes in the United States nearly doubled over a five-year period, underscoring a national outcry over rising drug prices, according to a new analysis shared with Reuters.
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.65 pct, S&P 1.07 pct, Nasdaq 1.71 pct (Updates to market close)
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.55 pct, S&P 0.96 pct, Nasdaq 1.55 pct (Updates to mid-afternoon, changes byline, adds NEW YORK to dateline)
* Indexes gain: Dow 0.56 pct, S&P 0.94 pct, Nasdaq 1.56 pct (Changes comment, adds details, updates prices)
UnitedHealth Group Inc, the largest U.S. health insurer, beat Wall Street estimates for fourth-quarter profit on Tuesday, driven largely by growth in its Optum services business, including its pharmacy benefits unit.
* Company reaffirms 2019 earnings forecast (Adds CEO comment, analyst reaction; updates shares)
Jan 15 UnitedHealth Group Inc, the largest U.S. health insurer, reported a 16 percent drop in quarterly profit on Tuesday due to higher operating costs and a provision for income tax.
NEW YORK Cigna Corp on Thursday closed its $54-billion deal to buy Express Scripts Holding Co, creating one of the biggest providers of pharmacy benefits and insurance plans in the United States, a combination it says will help it improve healthcare coordination and cut costs.
* UnitedHealth shares hit by ruling against Affordable Care Act