Varian Medical Systems Inc (VAR.N)
16 Feb 2018
* VARIAN HALCYON TREATMENT SYSTEM RECEIVES AERB CERTIFICATE FOR IMPORT & SUPPLY IN INDIA
* VARIAN SAYS IT HAS ACQUIRED PRIVATELY-HELD MOBIUS MEDICAL SYSTEMS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Jan 31 Biotech deal-making is the hottest in more than a decade with $27.5 billion of transactions agreed this month and bankers reporting an above-average number of discussions that could lead to fresh activity through 2018.
Jan 31 Australian shares shrugged off global cues such as lower oil prices and rising bond yields felt earlier in the day to end Wednesday higher as real estate stocks strengthened.
* Sirtex, Varian shares yet to trade since announcement (Recasts, adds Sirtex background and analysts' quotes)
Jan 30 Sirtex Medical Ltd said on Tuesday it has struck a deal with Varian Medical Systems under which Varian agreed to buy the Australian medical device company in a deal that valued it at about A$1.6 billion ($1.29 billion).
* ACQUISITION HAS BEEN UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED BY BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF EACH COMPANY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* ENTERED BINDING SCHEME IMPLEMENTATION DEED WITH VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS; VARIAN TO ACQUIRE SIRTEX BY WAY OF A SCHEME OF ARRANGEMENT
* VARIAN REPORTS RESULTS FOR FIRST QUARTER OF FISCAL YEAR 2018
* SAYS NOW SEES FY 2018 ADJUSTED EARNINGS PER SHARE OF $4.05 TO $4.17 FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS - SEC FILING
|Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)||€111.44||+0.58|
|Accuray Incorporated (ARAY.OQ)||$5.25||--|
|Koninklijke Philips NV (PHG.AS)||€31.09||+0.03|
|PerkinElmer, Inc. (PKI.N)||$76.39||--|
|Canon Inc (7751.T)||¥3,953||-43.00|
|Elekta AB (publ) (EKTAb.ST)||72.74kr||+0.02|
|Toshiba Corp (6502.T)||¥312||+1.00|
|General Electric Company (GE.N)||$15.05||--|
|Ion Beam Applications SA (IBAB.BR)||€21.60||-0.68|
|Hitachi Medical Corporation (6910.T)||--||--|