Viacom Inc (VIAB.O)
16 Mar 2018
* VIACOM INC-CEO ROBERT BAKISH BELIEVES WILL BRING CO'S BRANDS TO MOBILE IN FY'18-MORGAN STANLEY CONFERENCE
Feb 15 Media company CBS Corp, which is exploring a merger with Viacom Inc, on Thursday reported a 85.2 percent drop in quarterly profit, largely due to a $129 million charge related to the recent changes in the U.S. tax law.
* TAKES SHARE STAKE OF 1 MILLION CLASS B SHARES IN VIACOM - SEC FILING
On Tuesday, Reuters hosted a Newsmaker event, “No Safe Spaces for Big Media,” in New York with moderator Jennifer Saba, Breakingviews columnist, and panelists Julius Genachowski, Partner and Managing Director, The Carlyle Group; Samantha Greenberg, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Margate Capital; DeDe Lea, Executive Vice President, Global Government Affairs, Viacom and James C. Murray, Partner, PJT Partners.
* Outbound deals rise for 3rd straight month but for low levels
* Shares jump as much as 12 pct (Adds context, background on U.S. ad sales)
Viacom Inc, exploring a merger with CBS Corp, said on Thursday it expects a smaller drop in full-year revenue from U.S. cable and satellite companies than it had previously anticipated, sending its shares up as much as 12 percent.
* VIACOM PROJECTS RETURN TO GROWTH IN ADJUSTED OPERATING INCOME, ADJUSTED DILUTED EPS IN SECOND HALF OF FY 2018 - COMPANY
* REVENUES IN FIRST FISCAL QUARTER DECREASED 8%, OR $251 MILLION, TO $3.07 BILLION
Feb 8 Viacom Inc, the owner of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, reported a 7.6 percent fall in quarterly revenue on Thursday, due to a drop in the fees it collects from cable TV operators.
|Walt Disney Co (DIS.N)||$102.87||-0.37|
|Time Warner Inc (TWX.N)||$96.28||-0.60|
|Time Warner Inc (TWX_w.N)||--||--|
|Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.OQ)||$37.14||-0.01|
|Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOX.OQ)||$36.62||-0.08|
|CBS Corporation (CBS.N)||$50.95||-0.09|
|CBS Corporation (CBSa.N)||$51.37||+0.25|
|Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCA.OQ)||$23.21||-0.19|
|Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCB.OQ)||$35.00||0.00|
|Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCK.OQ)||$21.58||-0.03|