Virgin Money Holdings (UK) PLC (VM.L)
13 Dec 2017
* At least 12 banks expected to be eligible to apply for grants
* SME push, shelved on Brexit fears, is revived (Recasts, adds share price fall)
LONDON, Nov 16 Virgin Money on Thursday revived plans to enter the small to medium-sized business (SME) banking market, one year after shelving them due to an uncertain outlook for Britain's economy following its vote to leave the European Union.
* CEO Gadhia long-term advocate of women equality in finance (Adds Gadhia comments on sexism, misconduct at RBS)
Oct 25 Virgin Money is it advanced talks to appoint former HSBC executive Irene Dorner as its non-executive director and chairwoman elect, it said on Wednesday, confirming recent speculation in the media.
* CONFIRMS THAT COMPANY IS IN ADVANCED DISCUSSIONS WITH RESPECT TO APPOINTMENT OF IRENE DORNER AS CHAIR ELECT
Oct 17 Virgin Money reported gross mortgage lending of 6.5 billion pounds ($8.6 billion) to the end of the third quarter, in line with a year earlier, and said it had seen robust customer demand due to low unemployment and a resilient housing market.
Oct 17 British challenger bank Virgin Money reported gross mortgage lending of 6.5 billion pounds ($8.6 billion) to the end of the third quarter, and said it had seen robust consumer demand with low unemployment and a resilient housing market.
* GROSS MORTGAGE LENDING OF £6.5 BILLION TO END OF Q3, A MARKET SHARE OF 3.5 PER CENT
* Aldermore's shares jump more than 18 pct (Adds industry context)