Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS.CO)
MILAN/LONDON European shares bounced on Wednesday in a broad rally after U.S. midterm elections delivered no big surprise, with a string of solid earnings updates and a rally in Spanish banks on a favorable tax ruling also providing relief.
* Healthcare stocks rise on U.S. vote (Adds detail, updates prices)
* Third-quarter profit below forecast (Adds CFO, analyst, shares)
* Shares hit highest level since Sept. 25 (Recasts, adds CEO comment, shares)
MELBOURNE, Oct 8 Macquarie Group said on Monday it has agreed to help back an ambitious A$22 billion ($16 billion) solar and wind power project in outback Australia that could eventually provide power to Indonesia, as well as big miners and hydrogen projects.
* SAYS HAS SIGNED A LONG-TERM COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE PORTFOLIO RENEWAL WITH AN UNDISCLOSED CUSTOMER FOR 602 MW OF WIND PROJECTS IN U.S.
FRANKFURT, Sept 24 Japanese-Danish joint venture MHI Vestas can scale up its current offshore wind turbine platform to match a 12 megawatt (MW) rival product that is being developed by General Electric (GE), its chief executive said.
COPENHAGEN, Aug 15 Shares in wind turbine maker Vestas jumped 7 percent on Wednesday after it reported forecast-beating orders and profit and said a steep decline in prices had stabilised.
* GRAPHIC-Giant wind turbines: http://tmsnrt.rs/2rr299K (Adds context on turbines, industry growth)
COPENHAGEN, June 28 Wind turbine maker Vestas and offshore services firm Maersk Supply Service, part of A.P. Moller-Maersk, are teaming up to tackle the cost of transporting and installing ever larger wind turbines.