WestJet Airlines Ltd (WJA.TO)
23 May 2018
MONTREAL, May 10 WestJet Airlines pilots voted on Thursday in favor of staging a possible strike, although they agreed to avoid any disruptive job action during Canada's busy Victoria Day holiday weekend starting May 19, their union said in a statement.
MONTREAL, May 10 WestJet Airlines pilots on Thursday voted in favor of holding a possible strike, although they agreed not to hold any disruptive job action during Canada's busy Victoria Day holiday on May 21, their union said in a statement.
May 8 Canada's WestJet Airlines Ltd on Tuesday said uncertainty from a labor dispute, along with higher expenses would weigh on second quarter earnings, after the carrier missed analyst estimates for the first three months of the year, sending its shares down to their lowest in over two years.
* WESTJET AIRLINES LTD - APRIL REVENUE PASSENGER MILES (RPMS), OR TRAFFIC, INCREASED 2.8 PER CENT YEAR OVER YEAR
* WESTJET REPORTS FIRST QUARTER NET EARNINGS OF $37.2 MILLION
May 8 Canada's WestJet Airlines Ltd reported a 20.3 percent drop in first-quarter profit on Tuesday, partly hurt by higher fuel prices.
* WESTJET LAUNCHES INAUGURAL HALIFAX/GATWICK FLIGHT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SAYS READY TO ADJUST SCHEDULES AND CAPACITY TO LIMIT DISRUPTIONS FOR TRAVELING PUBLIC IN EVENT OF LABOUR DISRUPTION AT WESTJET Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
April 25 Pilots at Canada's WestJet Airlines Ltd , represented by the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), started voting on a strike authorization on Wednesday saying an agreement with WestJet management is yet be reached.
BRIEF-Air Line Pilots Association Says WestJet Pilots Aim To Avoid Possible May 19 Strike, But Prepare For All Outcomes
* AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION - WESTJET PILOTS AIM TO AVOID POSSIBLE MAY 19 STRIKE, BUT PREPARE FOR ALL OUTCOMES