Wilmar International Ltd (WLIL.SI)
23 May 2018
* Prolonged China-U.S. trade standoff would hit plant utilization (Adds details, CEO comment on outlook)
SINGAPORE, May 10 Singapore-listed commodity trader Wilmar International Ltd posted a 40.6 percent fall in its first-quarter net profit on Thursday, citing weaker performance in its tropical oils segment and seasonal losses in its sugar business.
(Adds table) By Marcy Nicholson NEW YORK, May 1 Three trade houses have scooped up over 1 million tonnes of Brazilian raw sugar against the May futures contract that expired on Monday, with Wilmar International seen selling more than half of it, according to ICE Futures U.S. data and traders. Many market participants view this as bearish, pointing to weak demand amid abundant global supplies, with traders saying Wilmar became a major seller after being a large buyer of
* EU still has anti-subsidy case for Argentina (Adds more on impact of ruling, background)
* ANNOUNCES DISPOSAL OF ITS 50% EQUITY INTEREST IN NAUVU INVESTMENTS PTE. LTD
* WILMAR MAKES ADDITIONAL INVESTMENT IN SHREE RENUKA SUGARS LIMITED
NEW YORK, March 1 Alvean and Wilmar International Ltd have scooped up 14,618 lots, about 742,600 tonnes, of raw sugar against the March futures contract that expired on Wednesday, according to ICE Futures U.S. data and traders.
NEW YORK, Feb 28 Trade houses Alvean and Wilmar International Ltd have scooped up about 742,500 tonnes of raw sugar against the March futures contract on ICE that expired on Wednesday, three traders said.
SINGAPORE, Feb 22 Singapore's Wilmar International Ltd, the world's largest palm oil processor, posted a 36.6 percent fall in its fourth-quarter core net profit, hurt by weaker results in its tropical oils and sugar businesses.
* Q4 NET PROFIT $427.5 MILLION VERSUS $560.8 MILLION A YEAR AGO