William Hill PLC (WMH.L)
20 Mar 2018
British bookmaker William Hill drew a line under a costly bet on Australia on Tuesday with the sale of its business there to CrownBet for A$314 million ($244 million).
* Shares rise 1.3 pct after deal announced (Adds details, background, share movement)
March 6 British bookmaker William Hill Plc said it agreed to sell its Australia business to a unit of CrownBet for an equity value of A$313.7 million ($243.6 million).
* SIGNED BINDING AGREEMENT TO DISPOSE OF WILLIAM HILL AUSTRALIA TO CROWNBET HOLDINGS PTY LTD
* FY NET REVENUE 1,711.1 MILLION STG VERSUS 1,603 MILLION STG YEAR AGO
* TO PAY A TOTAL PACKAGE OF £6.2 MILLION, INCLUDING A SUM OF £1.2 MILLION TO BE RETURNED TO AFFECTED PARTIES OF FRAUD
BRIEF-William Hill Says Roger Devlin Formally Joined Board As Chairman Designate With Immediate Effect
* ROGER DEVLIN HAS FORMALLY JOINED BOARD AS CHAIRMAN DESIGNATE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.email@example.com)
* GROUP'S FULL-YEAR ADJUSTED OPERATING PROFIT 1 FOR 2017 IS EXPECTED TO BE C£290M, C11% UP ON 2016
* ROGER DEVLIN WILL JOIN BOARD AS CHAIRMAN DESIGNATE ON 1 FEBRUARY
* WILLIAM HILL PLC SAYS REACHED AGREEMENT WITH SCIENTIFIC GAMES CORPORATION TO UNCONDITIONALLY SUPPORT SCIENTIFIC GAMES' PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF NYX