* MSCI's EM stocks index rises; stimulus hopes help Chinese
* China's yuan firms after stronger-than-expected central
Aug 5 China's yuan fell through the key level of
7 per dollar on Monday as emerging market currencies softened
broadly, engulfed by risk aversion on fears of a slowdown in
Money markets have already priced in U.S. Federal Reserve cuts on borrowing costs in the world's top economy this year, prompting some investors to re-assess their holdings of U.S. banks, as they expect narrower margins in lending, while being selective with their holdings of European financials.
* MSCI EM stocks index set for best monthly performance
* MSCI EM stocks index dips 0.2%, following three days of
June 19 Emerging market stocks rose on
Wednesday, while developing world currencies broadly firmed
against the dollar as investors counted on the U.S. Federal
Reserve's outlook later today to match their expectations of
lowering U.S. borrowing costs.
* MSCI's EM stocks index up 0.4%; S.Korean, Taiwanese stocks
* MSCI's EM stocks index down 0.3%; lower for 4th straight
* China May industrial output growth slowed to 17-year-plus