LONDON The plan to build a petrochemical plant near the Iranian city of Firouzabad had everything usually needed to get a project off the ground: approval from the nation's top authority, funding from the Revolutionary Guards and plentiful gas feedstock.
* Russia says it's premature to talk about deeper OPEC+ cuts
(Updates prices, adds comments, Russian remarks, changes
dateline to London)
LONDON While U.S. sanctions on Iran's oil industry have slashed the OPEC member's crude exports by more than 80%, oil product sales from the Islamic Republic remain strong at nearly $500 million a month, shipping data and Reuters calculations show.
* Investors await U.S. policy clues from Fed Chair's speech
(Updates prices, adds detail)
* Fears of U.S.-China trade war leading to recession grow
* U.S.-China trade talks in Shanghai; expectations low
(Adds detail, analyst quotes, changes dateline from Tokyo)
* Interactive graphic on U.S. petroleum stocks: https://tmsnrt.rs/2XkQF8e
LONDON Oil rose towards $65 a barrel on Tuesday as OPEC supply cuts and Middle East tensions outweighed the U.S.-China trade dispute that has been dragging down the global economy and oil demand.
By Olesya Astakhova, Dmitry Zhdannikov and Bozorgmehr Sharafedin
By Olesya Astakhova, Dmitry Zhdannikov and Bozorgmehr