SEOUL South Korea's October imports of Iran oil remained at zero for a second straight month ahead of U.S. sanctions against Iran that came into effect on Nov.5, customs office data showed on Thursday.
SINGAPORE/SEOUL A South Korean delegation including oil buyers is expected to head to Iran next week to discuss resuming Iranian oil imports after a three-month halt, three sources with knowledge of the matter said.
* S.Korea can import up to 200,000 bpd for 180 days -sources
(Adds detail, graphics, analyst comment; changes slug)
WASHINGTON/SEOUL The United States snapped sanctions back in place on Monday to choke off Iran's oil and shipping industries, while temporarily allowing top customers such as China and India to keep buying crude from the Islamic Republic.
(The Nov. 1 story corrects the year in paragraph 5 to 2012 from 2013)
* Q3 operating profit down abt 13 pct to 836 bln won y/y
(Adds comments, details)
* More new projects in renewable than fossil fuel in past
SEOUL South Korea has asked the United States for "maximum flexibility" on its request for a waiver to prevent South Korean companies from being affected by renewed U.S. sanctions against Iran, the foreign ministry said.
* New refining, petchem units to start commercial operations
* Expects steel prices to remain solid on China output cuts
(Adds executive comments, details, updates share prices)