* MSCI world equity index down 0.1 pct, European stocks up
LONDON, Jan 16 World equity markets on Wednesday
rode out the heavy parliamentary defeat for British Prime
Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal, as investors saw potential
for legislative deadlock to force London to delay its departure
from the EU.
LONDON HSBC has settled $250 billion worth of forex trades using blockchain in the last year, it said on Monday, suggesting the heavily hyped technology is gaining traction in a sector until now hesitant to embrace it.
* Tokyo, Seoul bourses join Chinese benchmarks in bear
* Japan, Korea bourses join Chinese benchmarks in bear
(Corrects spelling of first name to Erik (not Eric) in paragraph 21)
* Prop traders, big holders and crypto firms now driving
* Graphic: World FX rates in 2018 http://tmsnrt.rs/2egbfVh
(Adds May to meet European leaders; analyst comment; updates
LONDON Calastone, an investment funds transaction network, said on Monday it will shift its entire system to blockchain in May, a move that could slash costs for the sector by billions of dollars a year.
LONDON Bitcoin slumped on Tuesday to its lowest this year, tumbling as much as 10 percent to breach $4,300 and taking losses in the world's best-known digital coin to 25 percent within a week.