NEW YORK Tropical Storm Isaias killed at least four people on Tuesday as it made its way up the U.S. Atlantic Coast, including two deaths at a North Carolina trailer park that was struck by a tornado spun off by hurricane-force winds. | Video
- Exclusive: Mexico power plant violated environmental law, documents show
- Venezuela begins cleanup after oil slick hits coast - environment ministry
- Flood-hit South Korea guards against coronavirus at relief shelters
- Colorado State forecasters predict five major hurricanes, 24 named storms in 2020
- Arctic wastewater dump near Russia's Norilsk was toxic, says Greenpeace
Recent Environment News
BRUSSELS The European Union is considering quotas to force airlines to use more sustainable fuels as it seeks to clamp down on the climate impact of aviation, the European Commission said on Wednesday.
TOKYO Japan's powerful business lobby Keidanren is dominated by energy-intensive sectors that represent less than 10% of the economy, resulting in national policies that favour coal and hindering attempts to combat climate change, a new study said.
LONDON An investor group managing more than $16 trillion on Wednesday launched the world's first step-by-step plan to help pension funds and others align their portfolios with the Paris Agreement on climate change.
KUTA, Indonesia Indonesian authorities released 25 green turtles into the sea on the island of Bali on Wednesday, returning them to freedom after they were rescued last month during a raid on illegal traffickers. | Video