KOCHI, India Torrential rain finally let up in India's flood-hit Kerala state on Sunday, giving some respite for thousands of marooned families, but authorities feared an outbreak of disease among around 725,000 people crammed into relief camps. | Video
- Fire that prompted closure of parts of Yosemite Park is contained
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic |
- Australia boosts aid by A$1.8 billion for drought-hit farmers
- Strong winds stoke bushfires on Australia's east coast
- Ernesto downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone in Atlantic: U.S. NHC
Recent Environment News
A massive quake of magnitude 8.2 struck in the Pacific Ocean close to Fiji and Tonga on Sunday but it was so deep that it did not cause any damage, authorities in Fiji said.
MEXICO CITY Mexican officials are investigating the recent deaths of more than 100 endangered sea turtles in a sanctuary in the south of the country, the government said on Saturday.
FRANKFURT Bayer said on Friday that a German media report this week that U.S. farmers were suing its Monsanto unit over crop damage caused by weedkiller dicamba does not represent a new development.
WASHINGTON A federal appeals court on Friday ordered the Trump administration to immediately implement an Obama-era chemical safety rule introduced in response to a 2013 explosion at a fertilizer plant in Texas that killed 15 people. | Video