HONOLULU A new lava flow from Hawaii's erupting Kilauea volcano edged towards a geothermal power plant on Tuesday after destroying a warehouse at the facility, after the volcano entered a more violent phase at the weekend.
- Robots fight weeds in challenge to agrochemical giants |
- UK government launches plan to curb air pollution
- Shell's oil spill dispute with Nigeria's Bodo villagers back in UK court
- Mappers look to chart world's ocean floor by 2030 |
- Africa's green revolution stumbles at Congo project to solve food shortages
Recent Environment News
AGRA, India India's white-marble Taj Mahal is turning yellow and green as the 17th century mausoleum weathers filthy air in the world's eighth-most polluted city. | Video
JAKARTA Indonesia's most active volcano, Mount Merapi on densely populated Java island, has shown danger signs with a series of small eruptions, and authorities have ordered villagers living on its slopes to leave and hikers to stay clear.
LONDON The value of global schemes to put a price on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and designed to reduce greenhouse gases blamed for global warming totals $82 billion, the World Bank said in a report on Tuesday.
OSLO Norway's Directorate of Fisheries has rejected Pure Atlantic's application for 45 salmon farming development licenses, arguing that the plan did not bring significant innovation to the industry, it said in a letter dated May 16.