ZURICH Swiss drugmaker Novartis' first quarterly results under new CEO Vas Narasimhan have been marred by a prized psoriasis treatment that disappointed and a sharp slump in sales by its U.S. generics unit.
- Large spleen helps explain deep-diving skills of Southeast Asian 'sea nomads'
- WHO recommends testing before use of Sanofi's dengue vaccine
- Concussion raises Parkinson's disease risk in large U.S. study
- FDA staff raises safety concerns over Lilly/Incyte arthritis drug
- GW Pharma gets FDA panel nod, first cannabis-based drug nearing approval
(Reuters Health) - Following practices recommended for "optimal" heart health may also reduce the risk of developing a serious heart-rhythm disorder, researchers say.
A federal appeals court on Wednesday blocked an Ohio law that would cut federal taxpayer funding to 28 Planned Parenthood clinics, holding that conditions it imposed that denied funds to abortion providers were unconstitutional.
LONDON, April 18 Gene-editing technologies that alter mosquitoes' DNA could prove critical in the fight against malaria, Bill Gates said on Wednesday, and ethical concerns should not block progress in such gene-modifying research.
U.S. regulators have expanded use of AstraZeneca's lung cancer drug Tagrisso to include initial treatment of patients with a specific genetic mutation, the company said on Wednesday.
Video: Health Reform Watch
Assamese-language drama “Village Rockstars” was named the best film of 2017 at India’s National Film Awards on Friday while Bollywood actress Sridevi got the best actress award two months after her death.