MUMBAI China's Xiaomi plans to expand its Indian store network as it attempts to grab the lead in a smartphone market which Korea's Samsung has dominated for more than five years.
Recent Technology News
JAKARTA/KUTA, Indonesia Indonesian authorities are investigating the use of bitcoin in the holiday island of Bali, amid warnings by the central bank in Southeast Asia's biggest economy over the risks posed by virtual currencies, an official said.
MOSCOW Moscow-based cyber security company Kaspersky Lab said on Friday its revenue increased 8 percent year-on-year in 2017, though sales fell in North America because of allegations about its ties to the Russian government.
SEOUL A South Korean consumer group has filed a criminal complaint against Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook over slower iPhone devices, after probes in Europe into allegations the firm had deliberately shortened the life of its handsets. | Video
TOKYO SoftBank Group Corp's expected spin-off of its Japanese telecoms business will lure investors seeking exposure to a solid tech name, but the prospect of tougher competition in a mature industry may turn off those chasing higher returns.
BEIJING Alphabet Inc's Google has agreed to a patent licensing deal with Tencent Holdings Ltd as it looks for ways to expand in China where many of its products, such as app store, search engine and email service, are blocked by regulators.
- India sends tax notices to cryptocurrency investors as trading hits $3.5 billion
- Reliance expects earnings boost as telecoms arm turns a profit
- India's proposed investment treaty terms leave foreign partners cold
- Benefit from GST probably won't show up next year: Reuters poll
- Gold demand firms ahead of Chinese New Year; India discounts widen
- S&P lifted by consumer stocks, IBM weighs on Dow
- Wipro upbeat on 2018 after quarterly profit dip
- Nike at two-year high as analysts tout margin benefits of direct sales