NEW DELHI India has set a March 31 deadline for London-based political consultancy Cambridge Analytica to respond to a query on whether it was engaged to improperly harvest Facebook data on Indian citizens, the information technology ministry said.
Recent Technology News
Verified Facebook pages of Elon Musk's rocket company SpaceX and electric carmaker Tesla Inc disappeared on Friday, minutes after the Silicon Valley billionaire promised on Twitter to take down the pages when challenged by users.
PARIS/NEW YORK Boeing Co is close to winning a keenly fought contest to supply 787 Dreamliner jets to American Airlines , beating European competition from the Airbus A330neo, three people familiar with the matter said.
WASHINGTON U.S. lawmakers on Friday formally asked Facebook Inc's Mark Zuckerberg to explain at a congressional hearing how 50 million users' data got into the hands of political consultancy Cambridge Analytica.
NEW YORK An Atlanta cyberattack has caused widespread city-run program outages and raised fears about the security of financial and personal data belonging to government workers, residents and others who have used online services provided by Georgia's capital city, officials said on Friday.
LONDON Britain's Rolls-Royce said its Trent 7000 engines which power the Airbus A330neo jet are not affected by the issues with the Trent 1000 engine, some of which have needed unscheduled maintenance as the turbine blades have worn out more quickly than expected.
- Tata Steel offers $5.4 billion to take over bankrupt Bhushan Steel: source
- China warns U.S. it will defend own trade interests
- Take Five: World markets themes for the week ahead
- Apple's Tim Cook calls for calm heads on China, U.S. trade
- Analysis: Extent of U.S.-China trade fight depends on Trump's goals
- China expresses regret at U.S. move to file WTO challenge
- China should not seek high growth as financial risk mounts - party official
- Fed policymakers say they are watching trade risks closely
- Lanka IOC raises retail prices to cut losses