MUMBAI/BENGALURU Facebook Inc's WhatsApp is rolling out a global test measure to rein in messages forwarded by users, the messaging app said, after the spread of rumours led to several killings in India and sparked calls for action from authorities. | Video
Recent Technology News
Coinbase has formed a political action committee (PAC) to raise money to spend on U.S. elections, the cryptocurrency exchange said in a filing made public on Friday.
SINGAPORE Hackers have infiltrated Singapore's government health database in the country's worst breach of personal data, stealing records on 1.5 million patients including the prime minister's own personal drug prescriptions, the government said on Friday.
LUXEMBOURG Police in Luxembourg have added two Tesla electric cars to their fleet, hoping that their rapid acceleration capacity will help them nab more criminals and speed offenders while also trimming the tiny country's carbon emissions. | Video
The latest round of U.S. tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods could hit the Apple Watch, health trackers, streaming music speakers and other accessories assembled in China, government rulings on tariffs show. | Video
BERLIN German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Friday that social media platforms needed to take responsibility for the content on their networks.
- India cuts sales tax across sectors to ease pain of traders and consumers
- HDFC Bank net profit misses estimates on higher provisions
- U.S. courts allies with free trade offers at G20, France resists
- Illness ends career of Sergio Marchionne, the CEO who liked to fix things
- New Fiat Chrysler boss transformed Jeep brand as company focuses on SUVs
- German industry groups warn U.S. on tariffs ahead of EU-U.S. meeting
- Fiat Chrysler names Jeep boss to replace stricken CEO Marchionne
- Mexico's outgoing and incoming ministers meet ahead of key trade talks
- Japan official urges caution over Trump's complaint on strong dollar
- Wall Street braces for tariff fallout as S&P 500 companies report