LONDON/NEW YORK As bitcoin raced to another record high on Tuesday, one of the biggest providers of digital currency wallets, Coinbase, went down under the weight of traffic, leaving many of its more than 10 million customers unable to access their funds.
Recent Technology News
NEW DELHI India's central tax authority is investigating bitcoin exchanges to try and find a way to tax transactions, an official said on Wednesday, even as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has warned against dealing in virtual currencies.
Apple Inc said on Wednesday it had awarded $390 million to optical components maker Finisar Corp to boost production of laser chips that power iPhone X's features such as Face ID, Animoji and portrait mode photos.
A former Rutgers University student and two other men pleaded guilty to computer crimes related to the creation, sale and use of the Mirai botnet, a network of infected electronics equipment used to knock major websites offline in massive 2016 cyber attacks.
PARIS All French children under the age of 16 will have to seek parental approval to open an account on Facebook or any other social network under draft legislation presented on Wednesday.
ABU DHABI The United Arab Emirates is working with Saudi Arabia's central bank to issue a digital currency that would be accepted in cross-border transactions between the two countries, UAE central bank governor Mubarak Rashed al-Mansouri said on Wednesday.
- Bonds, rupee up on Fed meet outcome
- Fed raises interest rates, keeps 2018 policy outlook unchanged |
- Sensex edges down ahead of exit poll
- Asia stocks slightly up after Fed move; dollar, U.S. yields sag
- WTO meeting ends in discord, ministers urge smaller-scale trade talks
- Bullish bets on most emerging Asian currencies drop: Reuters poll
- WPI inflation touches 8-month high of 3.93 percent in November
- Disney deal set to value Fox at more than $75 billion: source
- Japan's ruling bloc approves big corporate tax cut to encourage wage hikes
- Trade unionist says several parties interested insolvent airline Niki