Guinea ex-army chief arrested after attack - police source
CONAKRY, July 19
CONAKRY, July 19 (Reuters) - Guinean authorities arrrested a former head of the army on Tuesday after President Alpha Conde escaped a rocket and gunfire night-time attack on his residence, a police source told Reuters.
"General Nouhou Thiam has been arrested and taken to police headquarters," said the senior source, without giving further details.
Separately, police and army sources said a second soldier, who was a former member of Conde's presidential guard, had also been arrested. (Reporting by Saliou Samb; Writing by Mark John; editing by David Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
- Pope declares sainthood of two Indians, four Italians
- Iran, powers set to miss nuclear talks deadline, seek extension