Guinea ex-army chief arrested after attack - police source
CONAKRY, July 19
CONAKRY, July 19 (Reuters) - Guinean authorities arrrested a former head of the army on Tuesday after President Alpha Conde escaped a rocket and gunfire night-time attack on his residence, a police source told Reuters.
"General Nouhou Thiam has been arrested and taken to police headquarters," said the senior source, without giving further details.
Separately, police and army sources said a second soldier, who was a former member of Conde's presidential guard, had also been arrested. (Reporting by Saliou Samb; Writing by Mark John; editing by David Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- IFC launches $2.5 billion rupee-denominated bonds for infra projects in India
- Lack of options leave India struggling with Dhoni dilemma
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist