Guinea ex-army chief arrested after attack - police source
CONAKRY, July 19
CONAKRY, July 19 (Reuters) - Guinean authorities arrrested a former head of the army on Tuesday after President Alpha Conde escaped a rocket and gunfire night-time attack on his residence, a police source told Reuters.
"General Nouhou Thiam has been arrested and taken to police headquarters," said the senior source, without giving further details.
Separately, police and army sources said a second soldier, who was a former member of Conde's presidential guard, had also been arrested. (Reporting by Saliou Samb; Writing by Mark John; editing by David Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Tracy Morgan incredulous Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries