Guinea ex-army chief arrested after attack - police source
CONAKRY, July 19
CONAKRY, July 19 (Reuters) - Guinean authorities arrrested a former head of the army on Tuesday after President Alpha Conde escaped a rocket and gunfire night-time attack on his residence, a police source told Reuters.
"General Nouhou Thiam has been arrested and taken to police headquarters," said the senior source, without giving further details.
Separately, police and army sources said a second soldier, who was a former member of Conde's presidential guard, had also been arrested. (Reporting by Saliou Samb; Writing by Mark John; editing by David Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing