Guinea ex-army chief arrested after attack - police source
CONAKRY, July 19
CONAKRY, July 19 (Reuters) - Guinean authorities arrrested a former head of the army on Tuesday after President Alpha Conde escaped a rocket and gunfire night-time attack on his residence, a police source told Reuters.
"General Nouhou Thiam has been arrested and taken to police headquarters," said the senior source, without giving further details.
Separately, police and army sources said a second soldier, who was a former member of Conde's presidential guard, had also been arrested. (Reporting by Saliou Samb; Writing by Mark John; editing by David Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- UPDATE 2-Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as rising banks offset dip in miners