Weekly food inflation at 10.63 pct y/y
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's food price index rose 10.63 percent and the fuel price index climbed 15.49 percent in the year to Nov. 5, government data on Thursday showed.
In the previous week, annual food and fuel inflation stood at 11.81 percent and 14.50 percent, respectively.
The primary articles price index was up 10.39 percent, compared with an annual rise of 11.43 percent a week earlier.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised interest rates last month for the 13th and possibly final time in a tightening cycle that began 18 months ago, on expectations that persistently high inflation will finally begin to ease starting in December.
(Reporting by Abhijit Neogy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane - Vietnam official
PLANE LOSES CONTACT
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, prompting China to send ships to scour the water for possible wreckage. Full Article | Video