Weekly food inflation at 10.63 pct y/y
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's food price index rose 10.63 percent and the fuel price index climbed 15.49 percent in the year to Nov. 5, government data on Thursday showed.
In the previous week, annual food and fuel inflation stood at 11.81 percent and 14.50 percent, respectively.
The primary articles price index was up 10.39 percent, compared with an annual rise of 11.43 percent a week earlier.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised interest rates last month for the 13th and possibly final time in a tightening cycle that began 18 months ago, on expectations that persistently high inflation will finally begin to ease starting in December.
(Reporting by Abhijit Neogy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article