Weekly food inflation at 10.63 pct y/y
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's food price index rose 10.63 percent and the fuel price index climbed 15.49 percent in the year to Nov. 5, government data on Thursday showed.
In the previous week, annual food and fuel inflation stood at 11.81 percent and 14.50 percent, respectively.
The primary articles price index was up 10.39 percent, compared with an annual rise of 11.43 percent a week earlier.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised interest rates last month for the 13th and possibly final time in a tightening cycle that began 18 months ago, on expectations that persistently high inflation will finally begin to ease starting in December.
(Reporting by Abhijit Neogy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article