Weekly food inflation at 10.63 pct y/y
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's food price index rose 10.63 percent and the fuel price index climbed 15.49 percent in the year to Nov. 5, government data on Thursday showed.
In the previous week, annual food and fuel inflation stood at 11.81 percent and 14.50 percent, respectively.
The primary articles price index was up 10.39 percent, compared with an annual rise of 11.43 percent a week earlier.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) raised interest rates last month for the 13th and possibly final time in a tightening cycle that began 18 months ago, on expectations that persistently high inflation will finally begin to ease starting in December.
(Reporting by Abhijit Neogy; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tendulkar factor adds to pressure on Sindhu
- Taiwan says weather not seen as cause of plane crash that killed 48
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article