Djokovic to meet Murray after beating Monaco
REUTERS - World number one Novak Djokovic beat Argentine Juan Monaco 6-0 7-6 on Friday to reach the final of the Sony Ericsson Open, where he will meet Andy Murray.
Fourth-ranked Murray's semi-final against Rafa Nadal was a walkover after the Spaniard pulled out with a knee injury.
Djokovic dealt with a wayward Monaco in brutal fashion in the first set - dismissing him in just 27 minutes and taking full advantage of the Argentine's numerous unforced errors.
But after Djokovic broke to go 3-2 up in the second, Monaco fought back well and forced some errors out of the Serbian to level at 5-5 and then take the set into a tie-break.
It was a tight-affair to settle the set but Monaco went long on the decisive point to hand victory to Djokovic.
(Reporting by Simon Evans; Editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target