Samsung denies interest in Nokia
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) denied it was interested in acquiring Nokia (NOK1V.HE), sending shares in the Finnish mobile phone company down 2 percent.
Nokia shares rose 6 percent last Friday on speculation of a possible buyout offer.
"Such reports are purely speculative and are not true," the company said.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- UPDATE 5-Hezbollah says commander killed in Beirut, blames Israel
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-TV's "Domestic Goddess" Nigella tells UK court she took cocaine