Samsung denies interest in Nokia
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) denied it was interested in acquiring Nokia (NOK1V.HE), sending shares in the Finnish mobile phone company down 2 percent.
Nokia shares rose 6 percent last Friday on speculation of a possible buyout offer.
"Such reports are purely speculative and are not true," the company said.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report