Samsung denies interest in Nokia
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) denied it was interested in acquiring Nokia (NOK1V.HE), sending shares in the Finnish mobile phone company down 2 percent.
Nokia shares rose 6 percent last Friday on speculation of a possible buyout offer.
"Such reports are purely speculative and are not true," the company said.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
- UPDATE 4-Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea