Fire traps 20 workers in Potash Corp mine - report
* 9 workers rescued
* Rescue teams fighting the fire
Sept 25 (Reuters) - An early morning fire on Tuesday trapped 20 workers underground in a Potash Corp of Saskatchewan mine, according to media reports.
The fire at the Rocanville, Saskatchewan, mine was reported while 29 workers were underground, the Regina Leader-Post reported, but nine were rescued by late morning.
The remaining 20 workers were at an underground rescue station.
The newspaper said mine rescue teams are fighting the fire and a cable reel inside the mine is burning.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 2-Chipotle raising prices as steak, avocados, cheese costs rise
- Scientists find Earth-sized world in orbit friendly to life
- UPDATE 8-Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of drugging, raping teen