Fire traps 20 workers in Potash Corp mine - report
* 9 workers rescued
* Rescue teams fighting the fire
Sept 25 (Reuters) - An early morning fire on Tuesday trapped 20 workers underground in a Potash Corp of Saskatchewan mine, according to media reports.
The fire at the Rocanville, Saskatchewan, mine was reported while 29 workers were underground, the Regina Leader-Post reported, but nine were rescued by late morning.
The remaining 20 workers were at an underground rescue station.
The newspaper said mine rescue teams are fighting the fire and a cable reel inside the mine is burning.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Army base in Texas on lockdown after suspicious vehicle found
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Asia stocks jump as China, Europe step up stimulus
- Iran, powers eye extension of nuclear talks with deadline hours away
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan