Fire traps 20 workers in Potash Corp mine - report
* 9 workers rescued
* Rescue teams fighting the fire
Sept 25 (Reuters) - An early morning fire on Tuesday trapped 20 workers underground in a Potash Corp of Saskatchewan mine, according to media reports.
The fire at the Rocanville, Saskatchewan, mine was reported while 29 workers were underground, the Regina Leader-Post reported, but nine were rescued by late morning.
The remaining 20 workers were at an underground rescue station.
The newspaper said mine rescue teams are fighting the fire and a cable reel inside the mine is burning.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- Coca-Cola announces growth plan as profit falls 14 pct