Tata Motors global sales rise 6 pct in Oct, JLR up 7 pct
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd's(TAMO.NS) global vehicle sales rose 6 percent in October from a year earlier, the Indian company said, with sales at its key Jaguar Land Rover subsidiary rising 7 percent, after falling in September for the first time in 14 months.
Tata Motors, part of the salt-to-steel Tata Group conglomerate, sold a total of 100,660 vehicles in October. Overall passenger car sales stood at 49,264 vehicles, down 5 percent from a year earlier.
Tata said 27,897 Jaguar Land Rover vehicles were sold during the month. Commercial vehicle sales rose 19 percent to 51,396. (Writing by Henry Foy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars