CAIRO U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will arrive in Egypt on Monday for talks with the Egyptian president and other officials, the foreign ministry reported on Sunday.
It did not give details of his planned discussions, only saying he would talk about regional issues. Egypt is negotiating a truce over Gaza and President Mohamed Mursi, who Ban is due to meet on Tuesday, has said there were "some indications" that a deal could be soon.
(Reporting by Ayman Samir; Writing by Edmund Blair)
Trending On Reuters
Medical aid group Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on Sunday demanded an independent international inquiry into a suspected U.S. air strike that killed 22 people in an Afghan hospital it runs, branding the attack a "war crime". Full Article | Video
- Assad says Russian air campaign vital to save Middle East
- Myanmar nationalist monks stage large rally as religious tensions grow
- Germany faces logistical nightmare as refugee inflows hit record
- Cameron refuses to rule out Brexit, says recasting EU ties hard work
- Families mourn victims of Guatemala landslide, hundreds feared dead