CAIRO U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will arrive in Egypt on Monday for talks with the Egyptian president and other officials, the foreign ministry reported on Sunday.
It did not give details of his planned discussions, only saying he would talk about regional issues. Egypt is negotiating a truce over Gaza and President Mohamed Mursi, who Ban is due to meet on Tuesday, has said there were "some indications" that a deal could be soon.
(Reporting by Ayman Samir; Writing by Edmund Blair)
Trending On Reuters
Turkey shot down a Russian warplane near the Syrian border on Tuesday, saying it had repeatedly violated its air space, one of the most serious publicly acknowledged clashes between a NATO member country and Russia for half a century. Full Article | Video
- At least 11 dead in attack on Tunisia military bus
- Man who lodged suspected Paris attackers goes before judge
- Vatican puts journalists on trial amid human rights furore
- U.N. decries Balkans border curbs on refugees; arrivals in Greece fall sharply
- Putin's 'realpolitik' aims to make Russia indispensable