U.N.'s Ban to visit Egypt for talks on Monday
CAIRO (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will arrive in Egypt on Monday for talks with the Egyptian president and other officials, the foreign ministry reported on Sunday.
It did not give details of his planned discussions, only saying he would talk about regional issues. Egypt is negotiating a truce over Gaza and President Mohamed Mursi, who Ban is due to meet on Tuesday, has said there were "some indications" that a deal could be soon.
(Reporting by Ayman Samir; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- WRAPUP 6-Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. Full Article